Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Internet Safety

1. I read "Rated A" by Marvin J. Ashton
2. I watched a bunch of different videos on the effects of the internet. Some of these included the child predator fear, cyberbullying, and Katie's story. I feel that they were all on how internet can be a scary tool for children to use, even though it can also be very helpful.
3. I feel that I learned a lot by reading the articles and watching videos on the internet. I really liked the Church articles because it reinforced in me how influential media is in our lives. Satan uses this powerful tool against all of us. I think the huge take-away message from all of these articles and videos is that the internet and media can be very detrimental and have negative effects, but if used properly it is very helpful and beneficial. I need to do a good job of educating my students and future children on how to be safe using the internet.
4. I called my mom to find out what she already knew about cyberbullying and predators online. She told me that she didn't know much about cyberbullying and hadn't heard of it, but she was very aware of predators online. I told her all about the videos that I watched, and she was shocked and really scared. I think after having shared these videos and people's experiences with my mom that she will be even more aware of this happening on the internet and try to keep a lookout if there are children around.

No comments:

Post a Comment